Friday, September 25, 2009

Eldon has a Flower for You


Happy Friday morning! I want you to meet Eldon. He is this week's "freebie" from TMITA done by Nina May. I think he is adorable and he's on a special date, complete with flower. I have done so much with Fall colors lately that I went with the same idea in coloring Eldon. The challenge this week was from Curt and he called for adding ribbon and a bow. I cheated a bit and added a bow-tie instead of an actual bow. I used Basic Grey's "Acorn" from Indian Summer for the main DP and the orange piece is from Basic Grey's "Offbeat". The main CS is SU's Rich Razzleberry. The ribbon buckle is from Flourishes and the velvet ric-rac is from Sharon Johnson's Ribbon Store. I'm still pondering my sentiment. I'll probably make my own from my Just-Rite letters to say "A Flower for You" so that I can punch it out with my word window punch. Perhaps I'll just use "For You." Meanwhile, I thought I'd get this posted before my day gets busy and I fail to post it at all. I did want to share this in case you want to get your very own Eldon. He's available through Sunday I believe. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Nina said...

oh my Karen, Eldon is SO handsome! I love the colors you used, fall color are always wonderful!! Eldon just looks so formal, maybe there is a special gal out there for him!?! I love the touch of black on him as well as his bow tie!! Thanks for playing along this week over at TMITA and hope all is well!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh he is so sweet with his flower... Darling card. Your coloring is fabulous and great ribbon slider.

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!

Leigh said...

Aaawwww so cute.

Nilla said...

Karen this is a beautiful and fun card! Love how you dressed Eldon! Thanks for joining us, Karen! Hugs Nilla

Curt in Indy said...

Karen, your coloring on this is excellent! Great color scheme too! Best, curt

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Cute image and I like how you framed it and embellished it.

Susan said...

Awesome coloring! Eldon looks adorable.