Monday, September 21, 2009

A Not-Too-Scarey Halloween Card


When I first saw this card done up from My Favorite Things, I decided this set was a must-have. I just love these two little characters "twick or tweating" from "Trick or Treat with Who's That Girl". I paper-pieced "Who's That Girl's" dress and the rug from Basic Grey's "Mellow". The DP's are from the same paper pack. I embossed my sentiments in white EP and the pumpkin in black EP. I painted Shimmerz over the pumpkin and attached a gold half-bead to hang it from The bat is out of silver paper with MS's punch. I'm really tickled with this set and the end result. I don't ordinarily do much with Halloween but I'm sending this to my nephew's kids and I plan to make a few more for the grandkids and maybe some cutsie Halloween items for them to share with their friends at school. I hope you have a wonderful day as you start your week. Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Karen how cute your card is!! you did a great job with this cute Halloween card. love how you paper pieced her skirt it looks great.
hugs,
Rachel

Peggy said...

Adorable card Karen!
Love the colors and details. This is a favorite stamp set of mine for Halloween.

dolcreations said...

This card is so adorable! I love that image! I wish we lived closer like you had mentioned on my blog! We could certainly have alot of fun! Great job on this card!
Christine

dolcreations said...

This card is so adorable! I love that image! I wish we lived closer like you had mentioned on my blog! We could certainly have alot of fun! Great job on this card!
Christine

Diana said...

SUPER DUPER CUTE!! I love the great autumn colors, and your coloring is so nice!

Nilla said...

Karen, missed some pretty amazing cards, been away, love them all! As always beautifully colored! Hope you are OK! Hugs Nilla

Susan (rainy) said...

Those little trick or treaters are simply adorable. Love the paper piecing, too.

Jane Wetzel said...

Karen..this is just adorable! :)