Saturday, September 26, 2009

Victorian Charm


This card was done with one of Flourishes newest sets, Cottage Home. My background paper is from Basic Grey's Two Scoops and it reminded me a little of Victorian wallpaper with the cherubs on it. The heart-slide is also from Flourishes and the ribbon is from SU. I used my Martha Stewart fence punch and matched it to a "cobblestone" sidewalk which is the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder for my Cuttlebug. I really like how this turned out, although the coloring took me awhile, mainly because I was deciding as I went what colors to make the house. Thanks for stopping by. I'm off to try another one of my new Flourishes sets and then finish some cute Halloween projects. Have a wonderful rest of the week-end.

10 comments:

dolcreations said...

I love this card. I love how you coloured it as well I just love how you cuttlebugged the paper to resemble the cobblestone! Love it!
Christine

Rachel said...

Karen this card is GORGEOUS!! i love the image you used and all the details are fabulous!! love the cobblestone fence and your sidewalk. Beautiful job!! :0)
hugs,
Rachel

Leigh said...

Oh wow, cool card. Love the picket fence and the embossing for the cobblestones.

Leigh said...

Oh wow, cool card. Love the picket fence and the embossing for the cobblestones.

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Great choice of paper and embossing to go with this lovely image. I have that cherub paper in my two scopps 6x6 pack of paper and didn't know what to do with it. Now I see it in a whole new light. That fence punch is a really great choice also to mimic the fence in the image.

Sue from Oregon said...

Great card! This image would be fun to "decorate" for Christmas!

Susan said...

Very clever with the fence punch and embossing folder. I love MS's picket fence punch. Beautiful card.

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh -- the fence and the cobblestones with this beautiful image -- perfect! Love it, Karen!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Oh you colored this to perfection. I love the little ribbon slider you used too.

Nina said...

so lovely in all your coloring here.. such a nick card!! love the cobblestones and the ribbon with the heart slider!