Saturday, April 23, 2011

Quick and Easy Easter "Baskets"

I wanted to share these little "baskets" I made up following the tutorial for the "2-5-7-10" box here. I altered it by not making the top flap and folding down the top edge 1" instead. I used my Spellbinders Egg Die and my Martha Stewart grass punch for decoration. The sentiment is from Clear Dollar Stamps' "You're Eggs-trordinary". I plan to fill them with Easter grass and candy for my little ones. These were made from SU's "Banbury" DP (not sure if it's still available, but the colors worked well for Easter.) The weight actually ended up being the easiest to work with, after several attempts with regular CS. (The one in the middle is CS covered with DP, and it's really sturdy, but I didn't want to take the time to do that for all the remaining baskets I had to make.) I also ended up using Tacky Glue and it went together more quickly than using my double-sided tape. Just a quick post for any of you last-minute preparation people. Happy Easter. I'm off for a run to prepare for a local race next week-end. Yikes!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

OMGoodness Karen these are absolutely gorgeous!! love the way you used your spellbinders and punch. beautiful job.
hugs,
Rachel :0)

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh how fun Karen!!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Truly adorable creations...I bet you made several people happy with these fun gifts. Happy Easter Karen!

dolcreations said...

These are absolutely gorgeous Karen! I love how you used the spellbinders die and the MS punch! Great colours of paper! Your little ones will be VERY happy! Have a wonderful Easter!

Leslie Miller said...

Busy girl! Goodness, I'd have to start way ahead of time to get all these done. I'm such a slow poke and I'm not good at multiples. Very cute! Hope you had a beautiful Easter with your family!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute little Easter Boxes, I bet the grandkids loved them. They were for them rigght? hee hee