Friday, August 28, 2009

Season of Joy


I played with another Christmas card idea that was inspired by Sharon Johnson from "No Time to Stamp." I used the Vintage Cotton Scraps from Crafty Secrets that I purchased from Sharon's blog, plus my Just-Rite Merry Little Christmas set (also purchased from Sharon) to create this card. The papers are from SU! The yellow is So Saffron stamped with a pine bough from my Verve Ornament set from last year. I wanted to keep the vintage look so I stamped the "Joyeux Noel" in my Tim Holz Distress Antique Linen. I think I should have gone a bit darker, but I'm still experimenting. I colored the candles with Copics and made my bow with my Bow Easy. I'm not sure if it pops, but then I guess vintage doesn't really pop. The Just-Rite blog has some wonderful Christmas cards made up by their talented DT and they're really worth the look. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day and week-end..

11 comments:

Rachel said...

oh Karen, this is a beautiful Christmas card. I love everything about it.
hugs,
Rachel

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful! Karen that santa image is just wonderful, great Christmas card.

Peggy said...

This is so pretty!! I love the image as well as the addition of the candles. The colors are perfect!

dolcreations said...

You have put alot of work into this beautiful Christmas card. Wow!
I love the whole thing! Great job!
I'm off to check out Justrite's blog. You have inspired me!
Christine

dolcreations said...

You have put alot of work into this beautiful Christmas card. Wow!
I love the whole thing! Great job!
I'm off to check out Justrite's blog. You have inspired me!
Christine

Jamee said...

your card is beautiful!!!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

wow...I'm speechless. This is just so beautiful.

Jak Heath said...

this is beautiful the image is so soft and vintage looking.

Nina said...

Karen, this is a beautiful christmas card! I love that image, it is sooo sweet! the addition of the candles in the cirle and the bow are sooo lovely! Someone will be soo lucky to recieve this beautiful card!

Nilla said...

Beautiful card with a lovely image! Hugs Nilla

Crissy Armstrong said...

Indeed it does "pop", my dear! Just in a different way than what you are used to. It made me want to stare and stare at it, and truly touched that place in my heart that resonates with beauty. I'd say that's a "pop", wouldn't you? xo