Friday, January 9, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside


I kind of wish that were true where I live, but right now it is not. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful that we're not up to our eyeballs in snow, nor are we freezing and having to huddle together to stay warm. I'm quite sure it's in the lower 60's right now, which I know many of you would opt for in a heartbeat. But I grew up in the north and when January arrives you just kind of want to wear warm clothes for a little while and experience a change in season, to some extent anyway. But enough whining and on to my card. This is Willow and I've been seeing her a lot lately. She's from Whiff of Joy and I love the image. She's officially called Willow and Hot Chocolate, but she makes me think she's contemplating something while she's sipping her HC - hence, the "You're on my mind." I colored her with my Copic markers and I'm enjoying using them and getting more comfortable with them. My main CS is SU's Creamy Caramel, and I used SU's Ski Slope DP mounted on a strip of Riding Hood Red CS. The sentiment is from SU's Upsy Daisy and is one of the reasons I bought that set. I also used Baja Breeze for the scalloped oval and sentiment and my Nesties for Willow's image and the scalloped oval and sentiment. I used Prima flowers and a Build-a-Brad for their center.
Thanks for looking and have a wonderful week-end and for those of you who are having cold weather, have a cup of HC and stay warm. Hugs,

5 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Karen. This image is very calming and your coloring is fantastic.
Yes you wouldn't want the snow for too long. Ours has finally melted for the most part and I am glad.

Rachel said...

Karen, this is gorgeous! I have an award for you here:http://mycardstockcreations.blogspot.com/2009/01/2-more-awards.html

Nancy said...

Karen, this card is gorgeous. I saw Carolyn's card with this Willow, so the three of us must be thinking of that HC! :) I love this Willow image. Your coloring is so pretty and the paper colors are perfect!

Carolyn Bounds said...

How I love this beatiful card!!! You colored her to perfection and chose the perfect colors...you simply brought this stamp to life!!! Just as the cocoa looks soothing to Willow; your card is equally as soothing..like receiving a hug from a dear friend. Captivating in every way!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Susan said...

Beautiful card! I really like the Whiff Of Joy images and you did a fabulous job with this one.