Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Holiday Series


I finally had a chance to make some cards - more than one, in fact. So, tonight I'm going to post the first in a "series" from the set called "First Fruits" from PTI. I really like this set and challenged myself to use all the elements in the set. Apart from a few sentiments and two images, I managed to use the rest of the 12 images and 5 of the sentiments between the 3 cards. I used PTI's Summer Sunrise and stamped off one of the images to create a background. I did the same thing on the green background paper. I took Vintage Cream, mounted on Mellow Moss, and sponged Always Artichoke and then stamped the pine boughs, then went over all of it lightly with River Rock. I used my Nestabilities, both Classic and Scalloped, and I used my double-sided ribbon from Flourishes, as well as my half-pearls in Chocolate from Flourishes. My daughter likes this one the best of the three, but I'll see what you all think. I'll definitely use it for a Thanksgiving card. Thanks for stopping by and I should have Card #2 for you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Perfect for the season.

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This card is just beautiful and I, too, love the First Fruits set by Papertrey!!! Wonderful job on this, for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

This is great :) I am glad you liked my designs enough to buy the set! It makes me feel very proud ;)))
Beautiful job!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful.

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a GORGEOUS card! The beautiful wheat bouquet looks so very real, and the ribbon is perfect! I cannot wait to see the other beauties you created with this set:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn

Rolex watches said...

this is gorgeous! Perfect for the season.

labatterie said...

The beautiful wheat bouquet looks so very real, and the ribbon is perfect

r4 ds said...

I cannot wait to see the other beauties you created