Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Quick Post with Link for Tutorial

Some of you have mentioned wanting to learn the technique for using a Nestie where the image extends outside of the Nestie shape. I learned this technique at Rachel Jakes' blog here , but I have one suggestion to make. In her sixth picture down she shows making a light pencil mark where you'll cut to on the outside of the Nestie frame. However, you need to make the mark lightly on the inside of the frame. You'll see in her next picture that she actually cuts up to that point. That way you can gently slide the Nestie die up to where it needs to go. I tend to make light pencil marks here and there to make sure I line it up correctly once I put the Nestie back into place after cutting my image to where it needs to be cut. Sounds confusing, but the pictures will all make sense. Let me know if you have any problems.

1 comment:

Becky said...

This is just adorable, love this. :)