Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fight Like a Girl



I can't believe it's been almost a week since I posted to my blog. I hate that, but I guess there are too many things competing with my stamping life right now. I did manage to make these two projects to send to my niece. She has been very involved for several years in Walks for Life relays and I thought maybe she would like to share these with friends of hers. I made the bookmarks first and they were pretty simple. I backed them with Pink Pirouette DP. The card I made needed some brighter pinks with it so I used both Pixie and Passion Pink CS with it. They're all done with Flourishes "Think Pink-Fight Like a Girl" set. I really like that set and I hate that I didn't get to this sooner so I could send more cards out to my own friends. We leave tomorrow for Disney World (I know, life is tough), so I wanted to get this posted before I leave. I hope you are enjoying Fall, wherever you are. We finally got a taste of cooler weather and I'm loving it. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

dolcreations said...

These are awesome. Very thoughtful and very creative! They should sell these for a fundraiser! Awesome!
Have fun a Disney World! You are so lucky. I have not posted for a couple of days either...I am in the middle of a quilt and a card to match for my niece!
Christine

Nilla said...

Oops, I missed some pretty amazing creations from you! Sorry! Everything is just gorgeous! Hugs Nilla

Jane Wetzel said...

these are really sweet Karen..my dh and her boyfriend just walked in one (boyfriend just lost mom).what a nice idea :)

Peggy said...

I was wondering where you were!!
Your card and bookmarks are really pretty. Love the layout on the card with the sponged oval background.

Danni said...

These are so wonderful!!

Susan (rainy) said...

The bookmarks are wonderful and the card is so adorable. Your niece will truly love and appreciate them.

Rachel said...

Karen these are beautiful!!! they would definately make fabulous fundraising items.
hugs,
Rachel

Stacy Morgan said...

Great card and I really like the bookmarks. Nicely done.

Nina said...

simply great Karen!! I love that image on the card!! what a great cause of course and what great projects, as always!