Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just Magnolia, Grey and Pink


My friend Christine from "dolcreations" inspired me with her own card to get in on the current Just Magnolia challenge. The challenge is to use grey and pink, with black optional. I used my Tilda with Hood stamp and colored her with my Copics. I was wanting to try the Flower Soft for the fur and it turned out okay. I used my Lace Tree embossing folder for my Cuttlebug and brayered it with pink on my silver paper from SU. I used Flourishes Poinsettias and Boxwoods set for the poinsettia and heat embossed it on two shades of pink and cut it out. The background DP is Cosmo Cricket's Jolly by Golly and the sentiment is stamped from my Inkadinkadoo alphabet. I added pink sparkly rhinestones to my tree and poinsettias and I was pleased that I finally got to ink up a cute little Tilda. This challenge ends tomorrow night, so I need to get this posted. Tomorrow is our 13th Copic Creations Challenge and I think you'll love what the DT has in store for you. As always, thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

GeminiJen said...

I thought about using this Tilda and doing a grey coat but decided to use a different one. I can see from yours that it would have turned out adorable. Nice job.
JennyA.

Stacy Morgan said...

Her coat looks so cute. I love it, and the tree looks great. Very pretty Christmas card Karen.

Peggy said...

Wow! Love the flower soft on her coat and that embossed tree with the pink is beautiful!! Love your card!

Rachel said...

Karen,
this is such a beautiful card. love those colors and that flowersoft around her hood is fantastic. love the embossed tree also. you did a wonderful job.
hugs,
Rachel

dolcreations said...

Karen this is so adorable. I love it! I too, never thought of using the pinks and silver but it looks so pretty! I really love the paper that you used....and Tilda..what can I say..she always looks so cute, and she is so fun to colour!
Christine

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Love the combination of the image with the embossed tree. This is such a great use of all the elements.

Nina said...

love this embossed tree and all the fur around her hat!! sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen - love your Tilda! I just did her up too! lol I don't have this flower soft yet...hmmm....do I really need it?
Pam Going Postal