Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Copic Creations Challenge #12


Good Tuesday morning to you all and welcome to our 12th Copic Creations challenge. This challenge is all about Fairies, Copics and colored pencils. We were furnished with these beautiful fairies from Janlynn, Stamps Happen. This one is Willow Flower Fairy from the Flower Fairies series. I am so impressed with the detail that these stamps have. I think they are so beautiful. I colored mine a bit differently than the image on the stamp suggested, but that's the beauty of stamping, isn't it. The challenge this time is to color with Copics AND colored pencils. If you happen to have a greater range of colored pencils than Copics, it's a great way to finish out your coloring. It's also helpful if you need to shade in such a tiny area that the Copics might not work. I did the mouth on my fairy with my Prismacolor Pencils. Had I been super careful and lighthanded, I probably could have used my Copic marker, but why chance it when you can add the pencil. There are several tutorials being offered, so check them out and give it a try. I hope you get to see what the rest of the DT came up with because these fairies are just so pretty and so are their cards. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

18 comments:

dolcreations said...

Kirby this card is just beautiful. That image is so sweet. I love the colouring with copics and coloured pencils. I often do that as I don't have all the copic colours! You have done such a perfect job with this card. Just Beautiful. Thank-you for letting me know about the ribbon, and where I can purchase it!
Have a great sunny day,
Christine

Danni said...

Oh my word!! This is just gorgeous!! I had a friend share images of some of these fairies but think I'm going to have to get some of my own!! Gorgeous!

Diana said...

DUDE. I'm speechless. This is just fantastic!

Leigh said...

I love the Flower Fairy images. Your card and colouring are fabulous.

Jane Wetzel said...

Karen...every one of your cards gets more and more and more beautiful!! I mean that...this is just superb!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Beautiful Karen! Love all the soft colors you've used--it's just fabulous!

hugz,
Suzanne

Anonymous said...

Karen - your fairy is so pretty! love how you did the water too! so soft and fairy-like!
Pam Going Postal

Peggy said...

Beautiful card Karen! Your coloring is fabulous! I am hoping to do this challenge. Havent ever mixed pencils and Copics togther!

mycardz said...

I LOVE your card Karen! Your adorable little fairy turned out so GORGEOUS!! I love how you color your images so softly, but they definitely make a huge impact! Soooooooooo happy we can finally work together and that you are on the team!!! hugz, Mary

shulsart said...

Wow, Kirby, this is gorgeous. I love the soft colors you chose for this beautiful fairy. Well done.

Etha said...

oh my! I just love this fairy and how you colored her. I agree these stamps with all their fine detail are perfect for this technique. Your coloring of the leaves is so wonderful and the color sequence of the water is amazing!

Cheryl said...

She is really beautiful, Karen! I love how you made her stand out so much from the background! It looks 3D. Gorgeous coloring!

Leslie Miller said...

Such a pretty image and, Karen, I'm always fascinated by your coloring. So perfect! This is just gorgeous!

Nina said...

Karen, so beautiful, I love that you kept all the colors in the image so soft. It really adds a touch to the airiness of a fairy. I just seen this image on someone else blog the other day and I just loved the image, I will have to check out that site, just beautiful!

Stacy Morgan said...

Wow... karen this is gorgeous. Your coloring of this image is fantastic! Gorgeous job girlie.

NikkiM said...

Stunning!

Jenny Gropp said...

Beautifully colored! I still have not tried Copics, then pencils to finish. Your piece looks perfectly blended and soft transistions to colors. Will definitely have to give it a try!!!

Rachel said...

Absolutely gorgeous Karen, she is beautiful! wow so much detail scares me but you do wonders with them!! Great job.
hugs,
Rachel

P.S. Ghost Billy with Bat Balloons freebie is still available till Thursday night on the 22nd! still time to get him. :0)