Friday, July 3, 2009

Fun at the Beach

Today's card was a fun card to do and I loved these images because they remind me of my three little ones (well, now there are 4, but couldn't work in the baby just yet) who live here and love the pool and the beach. The images are Sugarplums from C.C. Designs and they are called Seashell Trevor, Surfer Emma and Bathing Beauty Emma. I made my waves, sun and sand, added a sandcastle and sentiment from Gina K's Lazy Days of Summer and a "pet" crab from A Muse Artstamps. I attached a sheet of acrylic over the top for effect and to protect all the images that were adhered to the card. I'm loving working up the summer images, and believe me, it's definitely summer here. You can find this happy little trio here at All That Scraps. KL Stampin' and Scrappin' also has a few here. I hope you have a happy and safe "4th" and happy stamping, whenever you get the time.

8 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Adorable Karen! Your kids look so cute. I like how you created the sun and the waves.

stephanne said...

Very cute beach scene you've created and great colouring. I'm wishing I was there with those cutiepie kids now...
Stephanie

dolcreations said...

I can see why you fell in love with these images..they are just darling..Look at the little hats that they are wearing. I love your card. I hope the weather is better there because it is the pits here! Rain and cold! It's July don't they know!
Christine

Sue from Oregon said...

oh this is stop me in my tracks ca-yute!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Very sweet card. I love the images. The fact that they are so personal for you makes it even better. great imagery you created with the the different things you did to the cardstock.

Happy 4th of July

Cindy

cabio's craft corner said...

This is just too sweet. Love the images and the summer theme of this card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Bethany said...

I think you need to add the image of a little boy with his head down and call it "Shy Boy Boo". Just a suggestion... :)

Rachel said...

Ok i'm soooo in love with this card, you did a FABULOUS job!!
hugs,
Rachel