Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Flourishes Spellbinder Challenge


This week's Timeless Tuesday challenge at Flourishes is to use Spellbinders, and this card is Spellbinders to the max. I just received my Spellbinders "Cameo and Brooch" and was anxious to use it, so it was a given that I would use it for this challenge. I cut it out in black, sponged it with white ink and then touched it up further with my Inkessentials pen. I popped it all up on dimensionals. I also used the Labels 1 die in two sizes for the background of the brooch and a Label die for the "Timeless" sentiment. The background is stamped in Flourishes "Damask" and I tied the black ribbon where the papers meet. I made the "Timeless" sentiment with my Just Rite letters and added a black half-pearl to each side. Thanks for looking and be sure to check out the great creations for this challenge.

6 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Karen.... this is gorgeous! Such a fantastic die, you say its called broach. So going to have to look into getting this one. Love the black and white and the flourished background is perfect!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Karen.... this is gorgeous! Such a fantastic die, you say its called broach. So going to have to look into getting this one. Love the black and white and the flourished background is perfect!!!

Nancy said...

Isn't that cameo/brooch wonderful! I love mine! This card is beautiful, love everything about it!

Betty Wright said...

Karen, this is stunning!!! Great colors and love the broach look with paper and die cuts. WOW!!! It is beautiful!!!!! Love the background damask detailing, too. Beautifully done!!! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow...very dramatic and elegant!

Anonymous said...

Karen, this card is lovely - this is one my favorite Flourishes stamps. It was great to meet at the Flourishes weekend! Ali