Friday, January 30, 2009

Versatile Upsy Daisy




This week I had the opportunity to make some thank you cards and some sympathy cards, all of which I needed. I love the Upsy Daisy set by Stampin' Up and I pulled it out and used it a few different ways. The card stamped in Pink Pirouette was a little faint but IRL it works okay. The other two are my preference. The Pink Pirouette and Bravo Brugundy-stamped cards use Parisian Summer DP, and the Baja Breeze-stamped card uses Manchester DP. I used my taffeta "Sand" ribbon on all 3 and I love that ribbon because it's more elegant than grosgrain and this color is so versatile. I used my scallop punch from SU on all three and attached my favorite little Kaiser pearls to each card. The sentiment on the front of the sympathy cards is from "Close as a Memory", also from SU! Pretty simple in all, but I think they made nice cards for what I needed. Thanks for visiting my "korner" and have a wonderful week-end. I've got more lined up to share with you. AMAZING, I know, that for once I'm a bit ahead of things. You know I would stamp 24/7 if I could, but I guess that's only for a "Walgreen World". Hugs,

6 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Very nice! don't you just love that taffeta ribbon!?

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

It's no secret that I would so stamp 24 hours a day too if I could. My job keeps cutting into my personal life. I like your analagy of a Walgreen World. I love your cards. I think I'm going to have to get this set. I'll add it to my next order. I like all your versions but I'm a little partial to the blue one. The ribbon is beautiful. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Carolyn Bounds said...

I wanna live in Walgreen World!!!:o) Lately with all the things life has been throwing me, I have had very little time to do the things I want to do. I hope you can forgive me for not commenting as frequently as I used to.

All of these cards a divine!!! I love the layouts, colors, and papers on all three!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!

I look forward to seeing what you have lined up for us:o)

Love and Hugs!
Carolyn

Jenny Gropp said...

I don't know what walgreen world (walgreen the drugstore?)is, but all three cards turned out wonderful!

Stacy Morgan said...

They are so pretty! I really like the colors you choose for each one and the flowers are great! Wonderful cards.

Nancy said...

Karen, all three of cards are gorgeous! Love all the color schemes, and that stamp is so pretty!