Saturday, October 25, 2008

Beate's WSC63


I had a little time today and decided to try to jump in on Beate's week-end sketch challenge. I used a new stamp that I love by Inkadinkadoo. I'm still loving the papers in Basic Grey's "Mellow", so I used that for the main background paper. The sentiment is from Sweet and Sassy. The main CS is Riding Hood Red and the green is Kiwi Kiss, both from SU's new In-Colors for 2008. I embossed the Kiwi Kiss with my Divine Swirl Embossing Folder for my CB. I stamped the birds in Riding Hood Red and I sponged the birds in Certain Celery while it was still nested in my Nestie. The Zig zag borders are punched with my Martha Steward border punch. From a distance, it looks kind of Christmas-y. Thanks for looking. I do enjoy sketch challenges so this was fun for me.

10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty, love your paper.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love this color combination! And the stamp goes incredibly well with the background paper. I love how your Certain Celery is embossed on the left-hand side and then you added a little border on the right - that little element adds a whole lot!
This card brightened my day - keep it up, KrB!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just darling!!! I am really loving birds of all sorts this year, and Inka certainly does have some of the very cutest!!! Love the red!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful bird stamp and it looks wonderful in red...so perfect with your paper choice! Love your take on Beate's sketch!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Ooooh! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors, the patterned paper, and those two birds are absolutely precious:o) Such a bright and cheery card! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Ann said...

Beautiful colors, and I love that little bird! :D

Beate said...

What a lovely card. Love the paper and the stamp.
Thanks so much for playing!
Hugs and smiles

mycardz said...

Wow, this gorgeous! I really like the red...the DP was made for this stamp! Amazing. :) Great card.

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so so pretty! The paper is awesome and I just love the bird in just the red. WOnderful Karen!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

This Basic Grey paper is so versatile. I love the one you chose for this card. It goes so well with everything else so nicely. Try to stay warm. I know you are a little cooler than we are down here. We got a puppy in April when it was warm. I didn't think about walking him first thing in the morning and last thing at nigt when it is cold. Now I have to walk him before bed with a blanket around me. LOL.